Call for Abstracts
Thank you for your interest - the abstract submission process for WSES 2022 has now closed.
Those that have already submitted a paper, you will be notified of the ouctome via email no later 18 July, 2022.
Abstracts will be considered for the following categories:
- Podium: Papers selected for podium presentations will be allocated date, time, and duration (presentation time + Q&A) with the scientific program
- Poster: Papers selected for poster presentations will have their posters on display for the duration of the event where possible. In addition, poster presenters will also participate in a 'Quick Shot Poster Round' involving a two minute/one slide podium presentation - to be scheduled during the program.
- Applicants who are successfully chosen to present their research must be an active member of, or choose to join, the WSES (application details can be found here)
- Applicants who are successfully chosen to present their research - verbal or poster - must register and attend in person (Covid-restrictions permitting)
- Outside of Covid-related restrictions, the inability to attend in person will deem your paper invalid
- Should it not be possible to travel due to Covid-related restrictions, a virtual presentation option will be made available
- Selected papers will be offered the opportunity to submit full articles to the WJES for fast-track peer review (publishing expenses not included).
- Highest scoring abstracts will automatically be entered into the WSES Best Paper Prize.
Terms & Conditions
Please review the terms and conditions before submitting your abstract/s
For all abstract related enquiries please contact the Event Organiser:
Sally Erickson - General Surgeons Australia
P +61 3 9249 1142