Covid-Safe WSES 2022
We are planning to run a face-to-face WSES 2022 in line with government health advice, however, should Covid-restrictions be reintroduced, WSES 2022 will be adapted to accommodate in the lead up to/during the event. Should we be unable to run WSES 2022 in a physical format, the program will move to a virtual setting.
Where required, the WSES 2022 will adhere to all Covid-related restrictions in place in the lead-up, and during, the congress, as well as implement a Covid-safety plan in line with public health advice (where required). These include, but are not limited to, attendee limits and density requirements.
The event organisers will take reasonable measures to keep everyone attending the event safe, however, there is still a risk of transmission of Covid-19. Therefore, by participating in WSES 2022, you and your party acknowledge and accept this risk.
Vaccination Status & Checking in
Unless otherwise stated, delegates, sponsors/exhibitors, and visitors, must be up-to-date with their Covid-19 vaccine as per government advice (three Covid-19 Vaccine shots are currently required to enter Western Australia). Delegates, sponsors/exhibitors, and visitors are required to check in on entry via the WASafe app, and verify their vaccine status with onsite Covid marshalls. If you are unable to use this system, please alert staff who can assist you with manually providing your vaccine status and contact details. Please be aware, in the event that the WA Department of Health or other Government Departments makes a formal request, we may be required to disclose your personal information for contact tracing purposes. By attending the event, you are providing us with your permission to do so. This data is collected, stored and protected for 28 days; when we no longer require your personal information, we will securely destroy these details and delete them from our system.
Physical Distancing + Capacities
Based on public health advice at the time of the congress, delegates, sponsors/exhibitors, staff, and visitors, may be required to follow physical distancing guidelines. This includes queuing where indicated, minimising time in public spaces, and following staff instructions. In addition, you may be required to wear a face mask.
During the program and within the exhibition area, all seating and displays will be spaced according to government guidelines. Delegates may not move between seats unless directed by staff to do so. Seating configurations may change according to restrictions in place at the time, the Covid-safety plan, and Covid management strategies.
WSES 2022 will adhere to the maximum permitted capacity of each venue in place at the time of the conference (main venue, social venue, transport, etc.), under the COVID-19 WA State Government guidelines applicable to the venue and current at that time.
In accordance with the Covid-safe plan, the storage of large bags, equipment, boxes, personal belongings, will not be possible. Please ensure you have made arrangements to store your items off-site.
If You Are Unwell
Should you feel unwell, experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms in the lead-up to the event, are awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test, are a close contact, or reside in a designated hot spot, please do not attend the event. For international guests, please refer to healthywa.wa.gov.au for up-to-date information on Covid in WA such as quarantining, definition of a close contact, etc. and local requirements.
Please note the following information, in the event that Covid restrictions impact the running of WSES 2022:
Delegate/Exhibitor/Visitor Registration Exchange/Refund
- A refund will be offered if you are unable to participate in the event due to Covid restrictions including border closures, travel limitations, quarantining requirements.
- A refund will be offered if you are unable to participate in the event due to a positive Covid test.
- If physically attending is impacted by state/country-wide Covid restrictions, your application to participate including payment will be moved to the next congress unless otherwise requested.
- A refund will be offered if the event is cancelled due to Covid restrictions.
- All requests for a Covid-related refund must be made in writing to the event organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exchanges or refunds may be extended to other members of your party (such as social tickets) should your delegate attendance be impacted by Covid.
The event organiser reserves the right to deny exchanges or refunds based on the following Covid-related circumstances:
- A registered delegate/industry is well but does not wish to attend an event due to fears of exposure to Covid-19; or
- A registered delegate/industry is unable to verify up-to-date vaccination status; or
- A registered delegate/industry is denied entry into the event for reasons outlined above: Covid-Safe Requirements. For example, these reasons may include (but are not limited to) non-compliance with mandatory mask wearing, or unwillingness to provide personal contact information when requested.
Should you require any further information on the how we will be presenting WSES 2022 as a Covid-safe congress, please contact the Event Manager via email - email@example.com