Registration Terms & Conditions
- Full payment in Australian Dollars is required at the time of registration
- All prices within the online registration form are listed in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST where applicable
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express for online registration payments
* Please note that payments may appear on your bank statement as The Australian Society of… East Melbourne. This is the legal company name for the Event Manager - General Surgeons Australia*
Goods and Services Tax
- It is a legal requirement for Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 10% to be applied to purchases within Australia.
- Cancellation of any registered component of the WSES 2022 Congress, must be made in writing to the Conference Organiser – email@example.com
- Cancellations received on or before AEST 21:00 on Monday 19 September, 2022, will incur a 25% cancellation fee
- Cancellations received after AEST 21:00 on Monday 19 September, 2022, will incur a 100% cancellation fee
- Cancellations can take up to 10 working days to be processed
- Any applicable monies to be returned to the registration payee will be via the original method of payment
- Should Covid-related restrictions including border closures, travel limitations, quarantining requirements, impact the majority of delegates' attendance, WSES 2022 will move to a virtual setting, and your registration will be transferred across with a partial refund of the difference (where applicable).
- A refund will be offered if you are unable to participate in the event due to a positive Covid test.
- A refund will be offered if the event is cancelled due to Covid restrictions.
- All requests for a Covid-related refunds must be made in writing to the event organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Exchanges or refunds may be extended to other members of your party (such as social tickets) should your delegate attendance be impacted by Covid.
- The event organiser reserves the right to deny exchanges or refunds (outside of the cancellation policy) based on the following Covid-related circumstances:
(1) A registered delegate is well but does not wish to attend an event due to fears of exposure to Covid-19; or
(2) A registered delegate is unable to verify up-to-date vaccination status; or
(3) A registered delegate is denied entry into the event for activated Covid-safe venue/event requirements, such as (but are not be limited to): non-compliance with mandatory mask wearing, unwillingness to provide personal contact information when requested, unable to verify fully-vaccinated status.
- WSES Congress registrations are individual and non-transferable
- Trainee/SIMG/Unaccredited Registrars/Allied Health Professionals Registration Category: Please note you must fall within one of the listed categories in order to register at the reduced Trainee registration rate. All completed registrations will be checked to ensure the appropriate category has been selected - if it has been found that an incorrect category has been selected, the registration will be cancelled and monies refunded minus processing fees and charges; and you will be required to register again at the correct rate
- LMIC Registration Category: Please note you must fall within the Low and Middle Income Country criteria in order to register at the reduced LMIC registration rate. All completed registrations will be checked to ensure the appropriate category has been selected - if it has been proven that an incorrect category has been selected, the registration will be cancelled and monies refunded minus processing fees and charges; and you will be required to register again at the correct rate
- All unexpected costs incurred by the Event Manager (GSA) in the processing of WSES 2022 Congress registrations may be charged back to the delegate. Such costs include, but are not limited to, bounced cheques fees and related bank charges
- The Event Manager may, in the event of any circumstances which render it necessary, vary the WSES 2022 Congress program and the registrant will accept such changes without any claim for reduction in charges or otherwise
- Complimentary workshop registration (where advertised/where applicable) is available to any registered delegate of the WSES 2022 Congress Scientific Program only. Any workshop registration that does not include a valid Scientific Program registration (where applicable) will be null and void, and cancelled without notice
Dietary Requirements Policy
- Please note that the assigned caterer is responsible for all catering at the WSES 2022 Congress and all associated events, and the Event Manager does not inspect or control food preparation areas, or attempt to monitor ingredients used throughout the event
- We will endeavour to communicate all known dietary requirements within the specified time period, however please be aware that the event organiser accepts no responsibility for ensuring that these requirements can be met
- The event organiser accepts no responsibility for failure to adequately provide your dietary requirements or any consequential damage resulting from such failure.
Please contact the Sally Erickson via email - email@example.com